Diamond Grading Knowledge
1. List all clarity grades in order.
--> FL, IF, VVS1, VVS2, VS1, VS2, SI1, SI2, I1, I2, I3
2. What is fluorescence?
-->In diamonds, fluorescence is a light emitted during absorption of UV wavelength.
3. What does VS stand for?
--> Very Slight.
4. What instruments are used to grade clarity?
Loupe, microscope, tweezers, pinpointer.
5. What does CZ mean?
--> Cubic Zirconia.
6. What is the most common color that a diamond fluoresces?
7. What type of light is used to look at fluorescence?
--> UV light.
8. What is the highest color grade "A", "Z", "D" or "S"?
9. What does the word "natural" mean?
--> The gemstone is genuine and not man made or lab created or of any other non-natural origin.
10. What is a loupe used for?
--> Clarity grading.